Former International Exchange Student Melissa A secures fantastic opportunity following studying at Bewdley Sixth Form. Melissa was a Dutch exchange student at Bewdley Sixth Form between September and December 2018. While at Bewdley Sixth Form she studied English Language and Literature, Psychology and Business Studies. After leaving Melissa said studying English at Bewdley Sixth Form had reignited her love of reading, and reminded her of the joy others receive from reading newspapers, blogs and stories. Upon her return to Holland she applied to a Dutch website to blog about the benefits of learning a new language, she was successful and is now working on a regular blog.

Melissa said ‘I really miss being in Bewdley and especially at school – I would love to be back for one day just to be there again with everyone. After returning home I applied for a job and got accepted – meaning I will be writing online blogs/columns/articles as an actual job! This is the most amazing thing to me and I am very sure I got here thanks to Bewdley. I write the blogs in Dutch for a website called scholieren.com – it is aimed at students, so it is my job to write about anything that is interesting to them. I started this month and have published one blog, and I am currently working on a blog on the benefits of learning a new language.’