Last week students in Year 12 went to Worcester Arena to talk to Universities and apprenticeship providers from all around the UK. This opportunity gave students the chance to talk about next steps and the options available to them post-18.

Phoebe O Said ‘I was particularly interested in a course which combined law and criminology so I aimed for the Plymouth University stand. On my way there I discovered a Gap Year stand which sparked my interest as they had work placements which lasted from 3 months up to 3 years. My friends and I also took time out of the main exhibition to listen to a seminar about ‘Student Life’. The woman presenting it had just finished her degree, at Worcester University and was now working for their Outreach team. She raised some really interesting points about taster days and Open day visits: that you shouldn’t just visit the course or University but should really take time to get to know the area where the University is based. She suggested stopping for a coffee, lunch or dinner whilst on your visit to get a feel for what you would enjoy and take advantage of, if you chose to study there. This included shops, nightlife, cost of living and distance from home.’