We launched our parent app ‘My Ed’, in April 2019, since then it has been downloaded hundreds of times by parents/carers. We are pleased to announce that parents/carers, can now not only see their child’s attendance, timetable and absences information, but also their child’s praise and behaviour information. This also coincides with a link to Show My Homework being added within the app to make accessing students homework easier and faster.

For parents/carers who have not yet downloaded My Ed, simply visit the Apple App Store, or Google Play store and search for My Ed. Once the app is opened search for The Bewdley School, parents/carers will then be prompted to enter their name, email address and mobile number. The system will then send the user a text message with a unique code, once entered parents/carers will be registered to use the app. The app is secure and can be accessed anytime anywhere, so even the busiest parents/carers can access information including attendance, timetables as well as news, key dates and our school website.

There are three main sections to the app:

My School

Allows any member of The Bewdley Community to view information and keep up to date with what’s going on in school showing key information, contacts, dates and news.

Messaging

Allows parents/carers to send and receive FREE messages via parents/carers mobile device (via push notifications). This will where possible replace the sending of text messages making it easier for parents/ carers to see information all in one place.

My Students

Allows parents/carers to view key information about their child’s school activity including details about their attendance, timetable, behaviour and praise. This information is updated daily overnight. This part of the app will only be available to the parent/carer who currently receives school texts.

Please note, for parents/carers registering for ‘My Students’ this can take up to 24 hours for the system to verify details to ensure no data is only shared with the appropriate parent/carer.

We are continuing to look at ways we can improve My Ed, and work is already taking place to introduce new features such as exam timetables, seating plans and also students reports, and we look forward to sharing more information about this in the future.