We now have detailed guidance on what constitutes a ‘key’ or ‘critical’ worker:
Guidance for Parents/Carers:
Guidance for Schools:
This includes guidance to follow these key principles:
1. If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
2. If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
3. Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
4. Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
5. Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
This guidance is more detailed than that given in the House of Commons on Wednesday. Please read it carefully and if you think that you classify as a Critical Worker, please use this form: https://tinyurl.com/rtfsrlb and list your occupation in the key worker question under ‘Other’.
There will be more information about how this provision will be organised later today.