Since our return in March we have been thrilled with how our students have adapted and settled back into ‘normal’ school life again. Despite the many challenges students have faced, their resilience and determination is to be commended. As we move into the Summer term we would like to take this opportunity to remind of a few school expectations:
- Parents/carers are reminded that if their child has a positive COVID-19 test, with their LFD home testing kit, as well as logging this on the school system, they must immediately book a PCR test at a testing centre. The household must also self-isolate until the result of that test is known. If positive, then the household will need to continue self-isolating as per government guidance.
- Students should attend school daily with the correct equipment e.g. their pencil case, books and additional equipment such as PE kit / scientific calculator
- Students should arrive to school wearing their full school uniform every day, students should not be attending school wearing their PE kit as changing facilities are now in use again enabling students to change safely for PE. The school‘s dress code can be found on our website Uniform – The Bewdley School
- Though lockdown restrictions are lifting, the governments advice to schools remains the same. Students should continue to wear face masks while in school and will remain in their ‘bubbles’. Therefore it is important students continue to remember to bring their mask into school and where possible bring a spare one in. This rule will be reviewed in line with Government guidance no earlier than 17th May (step 3 of the roadmap).
- Students can bring mobile phones to school, as we recognise the importance of being able to contact someone in an emergency. However, mobile phones and Air Pods / Headphones should be turned off and in students‘ bags during the day. If parent/carers need to get a message to their child, please contact the Main Office who will ensure this is passed on.
The majority of our students uphold our expectations and this message will be given to students during tutor time on Tuesday. We encourage parent/carers to have discussions with their children around the points above, to ensure students are aware of the expectations.
Year 10 & 12 students will be sitting assessments the first week after May Half Term – week commencing 7th June. Students have been issued with assessment timetables which will help them preparing for assessments.
Finally, we look forward to continuing to return to ‘normal’ in the coming weeks, already our enrichment activities have begun again , which can be signed up to on our website – Enrichment – The Bewdley School, our upcoming Year 10 Musical and other events. We look forward to being able to offer more opportunities and trips to continue to enhance students learning as soon as possible.
We thank you for your continued support