As we approach the end of another incredibly full school year, we wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude and share some reflections.
First and foremost, we want to thank you for entrusting us with the education and well-being of your children. It has been a privilege to witness their growth, both academically and personally, throughout this year. Your support and involvement have been invaluable, and it is through our partnership that we have created a nurturing and enriching learning environment.
We are incredibly proud of our students and their accomplishments. They have shown resilience, determination, and adaptability in the face of numerous challenges. Whether it was adjusting to getting back to the ‘new-normal’ post COVID, diligently working towards end of year examinations or participating in the vast array of enrichment activities, they have overcome obstacles with effort and perseverance. Some highlights this academic year have been;
- Year 11 ‘Elevate Education’ sessions for students and parents
- Year 12 teambuilding day at Lakeside Campus
- Gold, Silver and Bronze DofE expeditions, Young Enterprise showcase
- Personal Development sessions on knife crime, online safety, gangs, cyber-bullying and sexual health
- Student wellbeing and mental health showcase, river safety and drugs awareness workshops as well as weekly visits from the school’s PCSO (Police Community Support Officer)
- Trips to Cadbury World, Houses of Parliament, Birmingham City Centre, Oxford and Cambridge University, National apprenticeship and education event, the ‘maths feast’, ski trip to Italy, Kenilworth castle, geography field trip to Aberystwyth, Alton Towers, Army team building activities, drama trip to watch Matilda, Llanrug and the Bewdley ‘Big Dig’
- Students representing the school in an array of sports competitions such as Worcestershire Girls Trampolining, Birmingham Cross Country, County Football competitions, Worcestershire cricket competitions, district rounders
- Christmas concert and the drama production of ‘Nutters’
- Sports day, Walk for Life charity event and rewards day
- Year 11 & 13 proms at Wharton Park Golf Club
Some key dates for the autumn term (school events can be found on the school calendar here):
Friday 1 September – TED (Teacher Education Day)
Monday 4 September – Year 7 & 12 start school
Tuesday 5 September – All students return to school
Wednesday 13 September – Year 12/13 information evening
Thursday 14 September – Honduras 2024 Opwall Presentation
Wednesday 20 September – School open evening for Year 6 students due to start in September 2024
Monday 25 September – Year 7 pastoral evening for parents/carers
Tuesday 3 October – Sixth form open evening
Tuesday 10 October – Mental health and wellbeing workshop for parents
Tuesday 17 October – Key stage 4 & 5 wellbeing showcase
Tuesday 24 – Wednesday 25 October – Year 10 Personal Development days
Friday 27 October – Break up for half-term
Monday 6 November – Students return to school
Our exceptional teaching staff have worked tirelessly to provide the best possible education for your children. Their passion, creativity, and commitment to fostering a love of learning have been evident in every lesson and interaction. We are grateful for their dedication and the positive impact they have made on the lives of our students.
As we approach the new academic year, we would like to share our plans for developing the school with you, which you will find attached/here
We encourage you to take some time this summer to rest and recharge ready for a busy Autumn term in September.
Wishing you a joyful and relaxing summer.