We are writing to update you on assessments this half term for Year 11 and Year 13 students. As a school we are currently working very hard to establish the best evidence we can to support your
Son / Daughter to achieve the best grades possible. We are required to build a bank of evidence for each student in Years 11 and 13, to support a centre assessed grade by Friday 18 June 2021.
All assessments will take place during normal curriculum time. This maximises the opportunities for teaching & revision with specialist teachers. Some key points:
- All students will be informed when assessments are taking place in lessons and on Show My Homework.
- Students must make a record of when these assessments are happening to organise their revision accordingly.
- Sometimes students need to bring a packed lunch where they have a double lesson over lunch which is used for assessments – when this applies parents will receive a text message informing them. – Those eligible for FSM will still receive their meals as normal.
- If a student misses an assessment teachers will where appropriate and practicable provide students with the opportunity to complete this at another point.
- Please can we ask that you all complete the form detailing COVID-19 disruption and any special consideration / mitigating circumstances for assessments in 2021. Deadline for completion of this is Tuesday 4th May.
- Please encourage your son/daughter to let us know if they need any additional support or help with managing the pressures of their assessments over the next few weeks.
- All year 11 and 13 students will be required to be available for school until the 18th June for “catch up” however the final dates that we expect full attendance at school are as follows:
Year 13 Friday 21st May
Year 11 Tuesday 25th May
- It is worth noting that some subjects will require attendance between the dates above and the 18th of June. Individual subjects will inform students and parents of this before 21st / 25th May.
- Policies relating to assessment in 2021 can all be found here – Exams – The Bewdley School
For our Year 11 students moving into the Sixth Form A level subjects will be running extended transition activities to facilitate a smooth transition to Advanced Level study at Bewdley Sixth Form. These sessions will take place during the weeks of 21st June, 28th June & 5th July culminating in Year 12 registration and induction day on the 9th July. Mrs Howard will be writing home to share further details of these sessions over the coming weeks.
For those students moving to college and university Mrs Edwards our careers advisor is available for students to book appointments for advice and guidance about their next steps.
We want to thank you again for all of your support during what continues to be a difficult time please do contact the school if you have any concerns.